Source: Pierre Franey
Serves: 4 - 6
|1 - 2-1/2 Lb.||Chicken cut into 8 pieces. You may substitute boneless breasts or any other chicken parts.|
|2 Tbs.||Minced shallots (or mild onion)|
|1 Tsp.||Minced Garlic|
|½ Cup||Chicken stock or chicken bullion|
|1-1/2||Cup Red Wine|
|Salt & Pepper To taste|
|1 Tbs.||Butter or margerine|
1. Brown the Chicken in the butter over medium high heat.
2. Reduce the heat to medium add the shallots and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes until the shallots are translucent.
3. Sprinkle the flour over the chicken and stir.
4. Add the thyme, chicken stock, and red wine. Stir thoroughly.
5. Cover and let simmer over medium low heat for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
6. Serve with baked rice.