Source: Pierre Franey
|1-1/2 Cup||Chicken Stock or bullion|
|1 Tbs.||Butter or Margarine|
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Melt the butter in an oven proof pan.
3. Sauté the onion until just soft and translucent.
4. Stir in the rice. Coating all the grains with butter.
5. Add the stock.
6. Bring to the boil, cover then place in oven for exactly 17 minutes.
7. Remove the bay leaf, (for special occasions add a tablesoon of butter) fluff the rice with a fork and serve.
8. You don't have to serve immediately the rice will remain hot for several minutes.