Source: Emeril Lagasse
Serves: 6 - 8
|1||Large acorn squash|
|salt and white pepper|
|¼ tsp||ground allspice|
|2 tbs||brown sugar|
|1 cup||sliced leeks|
|½ cup||chopped celery|
|¾ cup||chopped carrots|
|2 qts||mild chicken stock|
|1 cup||heavy cream|
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Clean squash, cut into 8 pieces. Roast on a baking sheet until tender
3. Heat oil in a large soup pot, add leeks, carrots and celery - cook 4 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
4. Dust vegetables with the flour and stir until golden
5. Add the potato, pulp from the squash pieces and stock.
6. Bring to a boil and reduce heat, cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
7. Add the spices and cream.
8. Adjust the seasonings with salt, pepper and brown sugar.
9. Cool slightly and puree with imersion blender
10. Strain through a seive.