Red Cabbage Salad (Slaw)
- 3 tablespoons lingonberry preserves,
- 1 tablespoon Dijon
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 large unpeeled Granny Smith apple, coarsely grated, divided (I grate
half the apple and cut the remaining half into a fine julienne.)
- 1/2 cup walnut halves (I use pecans), toasted , divided
- 4 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- Puree 1 tablespoon preserves, mustard, and vinegar in blender.
- With machine running, gradually add oil. Season dressing to taste
with salt and pepper.
- Reserve 1/4 of grated apple and several walnut halves for
garnish.† (I usually donít bother
with the garnish.)
- Toss cabbage, remaining 2 tablespoons preserves, apple, and walnuts
in large bowl.
- Toss with enough dressing to coat. Season to taste with salt and
- Garnish with reserved grated apple and walnut halves and serve.